Many of us struggle at work due to the lack of emphasis placed on communication during our academic years. You may have encountered successful individuals who are not able to communicate effectively due to this very reason. You may even have encountered colleagues who believe they are excellent communicators, but lack the ability to communicate empathetically.
Loss of a prospective client due to an ineffective pitch by a sales manager. The inability of a human resource manager to address employee grievances effectively, resulting in the resignation of a brilliant employee. Delays in project delivery due to unclear communication over Emails. Customer support representatives snapping at irate customers resulting in bad reviews on social media. These are issues that we hear about all the time and may point at a common underlying cause –a lack of corporate communication training.
You may not be able to resolve all of the communication problems at work on your own, but you can keep a few tips in mind to improve your communication at work
- – If the message is time sensitive, pick up the phone instead of dropping a text or an Email. If you need your instructions to be followed to the T, write a detailed Email.
- Listen! Listen! – We often respond or start working on a task before we have received all the instructions. By paying just a little more attention, you can minimize rework and increase productivity.
- Mind your language – It is unacceptable to use text slang like “IDK, TTYL, cya, and thnx” in business communication.
- Show empathy – Workplaces can be stressful, which is why empathy is so important. Empathetic communication creates trust among coworkers and helps them feel heard.
- Provide constructive feedback and be open to receiving it – Managers often give feedback to their team members just for the sake of it. The Indian mindset of a senior employee always being right makes it difficult to accept and implement feedback from a junior employee.Constructive feedback can boost the productivity of an entire organization when given at the right time.
Nowadays corporate communication training services are offered by various companies. ManagementMe is the best Corporate Training centre in Mumbai that helps companies identify areas for improvement and provides customized corporate communication training services based on a thorough evaluation of existing practices. The training is generally delivered through a mix of lectures, role-plays and interactive games aimed at improving communication with the internal as well as external stakeholders.
Improved customer relations, increased employee productivity and a change in brand perception among external stakeholders are some of the positive changes that effective corporate communication can bring about.If you would like to learn more about the corporate communication training solutions offered by ManagementMe, drop a mail to Info@managementme.com or call us on 9833487427.